The Woodring Advisory Council serves as a broad-based advisory group that provides feedback to the Dean on important items that influence faculty, staff, and students within the college. This visioning group addresses potential future directions and their implications at regularly scheduled meetings and reporting back to their constituent groups on the topics discussed.
The Woodring Advisory Council discusses wide-ranging issues that may include:
- Implications of adding or eliminating programs within the college.
- Discuss implications of proposed bylaws revisions
- Impact of budget cuts and/or budget growth on college programs and staff.
- Innovative curricular additions.
- Creative partnerships with community groups.
- Discussions of college climate and its impact on students, staff, and faculty.
- Roles of professional development/research/service centers.
- College-level evaluations.
- Initiatives advanced either from within or outside the College.
- Strategic planning.
- International directions.
- Propose and review professional development proposals for the College.
- Other visioning topics brought to the group by the Dean and others.
|Bruce Larson||Interim Associate Dean & Interim Director, Outreach Programs (faculty)|
|Sarah Bear||Director, Nursing Program|
|Don Burgess||Technology Committee Representative (faculty)|
|Susan Cahill||Staff Advisory Council|
|Sara Chiabai||Development Director|
|Tracy Coskie||Chair, Dept. of Elementary Education (faculty)|
|Raine Dozier||Chair, Dept. of Health and Community Studies (faculty)|
|Kristen French||Director, Center for Education, Equity, and Diversity (faculty)|
|Greg Hoffenbacker||Director, Technology Services|
|Peter Johnson||Director, Educator Certification|
|Charles Lambert||Chair, Dept. of Special Education (faculty)|
|Bill Lonneman||Diversity Committee Representative (faculty)|
|Trula Nicholas||Faculty Affairs Council Representative (faculty)|
|Nat Reilly||Diversity Recruitment & Retention Specialist|
|Kevin Roxas||Chair, Dept. of Secondary Education (faculty)|
|Christina Van Wingerden||Service Learning Specialist|
|Laura Wellington||Director, Teacher Education Admissions & Field Experiences|
|Carola Williams||Staff Advisory Council|
|Ivy Yap||Assessment & Evaluation|
|TBD||SWEA Student Representative|
|Staff Support:||Karen Olstad, Operations Manager|