- Complete the Canvas course to demonstrate understanding of the application and placement process.
- Review your program information page in Canvas or online:
- Create your student teaching application using the below guidelines. Your application will consist of a Resume, Cover Letter, Transcript(s), and Signature Page.
PART 1: Creating the Application
- RESUME: Word document, 1-2 pages, readable format/style, and edited for grammar and clarity. View resume guide for educators.
- Required: Name and contact information, education, program school-based experiences (do not include CT's name; include school, district, number of hours, and brief description of work)
- Optional: Purpose statement; additional non-program work with children/youth; brief summary of other types of work; honors, awards, community service; other skills
- COVER LETTER: self-introduction to a potential CT, Word document, 1-2 pages long, 1.5 or double-spaced, and edited for grammar and clarity. View cover letter guide for educators.
- Who are you and what are your interests?
- Why did you choose teaching and this program?
- What are some professional development goals you have for student teaching?
- Do not make any statement about the district and/or school you desire for placement. That is not appropriate for this document.
- TRANSCRIPT(S): Include all undergraduate transcripts (unofficial). MIT students should include unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Access a WWU transcript: open the Total Academic History page found in the Student section of Web4U (accessed through MyWestern). Take a screenshot or use the snipping tool and then copy/paste that to a blank Word document (do not attempt to copy/paste the text directly). Save as a Word document.
- SIGNATURE PAGE: We must have your permission to share confidential information about you to school personnel.
- Open the document and carefully read the statement
- Check the box; sign by typing your name
- Save as a Word document
PART 2: Putting the Application Together
- Put the four Word pages together as one document in this order: Resume, Cover Letter, Transcript, Signature Page.
- You may need to cut/paste to a new blank page but your file must be one final document.
- Fix any formatting issues and complete a final edit.
- Save the Word document for your records. Then save as again to create a PDF version of the document to submit.
- NAME the complete PDF using the correct convention for your program. The term should reflect your internship term, not the term you apply:
|Bellingham ECE||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.ECE.Fall 2016|
|Bellingham ECEL||LAST.First.PROGRAM.DUAL.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.ECE.DUAL.Fall 2016|
|Bellingham ELED||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.ELED.Winter 2016|
|Bellingham SEC||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.SEC.Winter 2016|
|Bellingham SPCE||LAST.First.PROGRAM1.PROGRAM2.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.SPED.ECE Winter 2016|
|Bellingham SPEL||LAST.First.PROGRAM1.PROGRAM2.term1.term2||SAMPLE.Sammy.SPED.ELED.Winter 2016.Spring 2016|
|Bellingham SPED||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.SPED.Winter 2016|
|Bremerton ELED||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.BR.Fall 2016|
|Everett ELED||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.EV.Fall 2016|
|Everett SEC MIT||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.EVMIT.Winter 2016|
|North Seattle ELED||LAST.First.PROGRAM.term||SAMPLE.Sammy.NS.Fall 2016|
PART 3: Where do you want to be placed?
- Open your program's Placement Information Form and complete per the instructions:
- Not sure where you want to be placed? View the map of Washington State School Districts.
- Save as a PDF using the same convention you did for the application but add the word Information after the term. Example: SAMPLE.Sammy.ELED.Fall 2018.Information
PART 4: Submit the application
- Double-check your program information for specific instructions or restrictions.
- Email the final PDF versions of the Application & Placement Information Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.