The mission of Western'sEducational Administration Program is to prepare exemplary leaders to meet the demands of school and district leadership focused on optimal achievement for all students. We accomplish this by...
- Ensuring a rich balance of theory and practice.
- Supporting candidates throughout the program and their administrative careers.
- Providing extensive training in the job search process.
- Assisting those seeking administrative positions in their placement.
- Developing and sustaining collaborative relationships with school districts in western Washington.
- Actively recruiting high-quality candidates.
- Actively participating in P-12 and university-level associations.
- Continuously demonstrating our commitment to exemplary teaching, scholarship, and service.
Designed for educators who hold a master's degree. Candidates earn the Washington State residency principal's certificate. The Residency Principal Certification Program of Study includes 8 courses (33 credits) and a year long internship (12 credits).
Designed for aspiring teacher-leaders who wish to earn a master's degree focused on school leadership and for aspiring principals who wish to satisfy requirements for the Washington State Residency Principal's Certificate while earning a master's degree. The Program of Study includes 11 courses (45 credits) plus a year long internship (12 credits).
Designed for aspiring superintendents and other school district leaders, such as assistant superintendents, executive directors and programs managers. Candidates earn the Washington State initial superintendent's certificate.
Instructions for admission are located on each of the program information pages.
British Columbia M.Ed. in Educational Administration
Designed for Canadian Educators and in partnership with Abbotsford and Langley School Districts. These programs are an online graduate program, offered Province-wide and are cohort based models which are five university quarters, taking appx. 15 months to complete.