WWU Media and Digital Literacy Certificate
Now more than ever, teachers need to develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions that new literacies in the classroom require. This certificate is for teachers and educators who want to learn how to implement new literacy practices in their school community, regardless of grade level or content area.
- Teach more effectively in a 1:1 environment
- Consume and produce digital media in all content areas
- Create digital content for your classes
- Be a tech leader in your school and community
- Prepare technology integrated lessons
- Produce a variety of digital media for your students (videos, memes, podcasts, etc.)
- Develop a line of inquiry, curate resources, and create a multimedia presentation
- Develop a technology integrated advocacy project
- Starting Summer 2019: Introduction to Emerging Technologies (5-day intensive summer course) – 4 Credits
- Summer session 2019 will run July 15th-19th from 9am-4pm in Haggard Hall 222 (in the corner of the library). Bring a laptop (if you have one) and a charging cable.
- Fall: Reading/Consuming information in a Digital Environment – (online) 4 Credits
- Winter: Writing/Producing in a Digital Environment – (online) 4 Credits
- Summer 2020: Leading and Learning with Technology (5-day summer intensive course) – 4 Credits
Bonus: All 16 credits from this certificate could transfer toward a Master’s in Language and Literacy.
How to apply:
- To apply for summer 2019, complete the following form as a non-matriculated student by July1: https://ee.wwu.edu/files/summersession/pdfs/SummerSession2019RegistrationForm.pdf
- For Fall courses, complete this form as a non-matriculate student: https://www.wwu.edu/registrar/services/forms/SpecialStudentEnrollmentForm.pdf
Tuition and Fees:
- WWU tuition and fees can be found on the Student Business Office Page, but tuition is approximately $323/credit for Washington residents.
- Paula Dagnon: Instructional Technology/Elementary Education firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren McClanahan: Secondary Education email@example.com