A statement of support

A statement to students from the Office of the Dean

Read here

Student Services

Student Services

Western encourages students to seek assistance and support at the onset of an illness, difficulty, or crisis.

Here are some of the resources WWU offers students:

General Student Support

  • In the case of a family or personal crisis or emergency, please contact the Office of Student Life - 360-650-3706 or visit website: https://wp.wwu.edu/officeofstudentlife/
    • Common situations the Office of Student Life can help with include: academic grievances, frustrations with the administrative workings of the institution, emergency leaves-of-absence, and hardship withdrawals due to personal illness, injury, or the death or illness of a family member.
  • In the case of a mental health crisis or concern, please contact the Counseling Center - 360-650-3400 or visit website: http://www.wwu.edu/counseling/
    • Emergency services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, throughout the year to current WWU students by calling 360-650-3164.
  • In the case of questions about accommodations for a disability, both visible and invisible (e.g. anxiety), please contact the Disability Access Center -360-650-3083 or visit: https://disability.wwu.edu/
  • In the case of LGBTQ+ support, please contact the LGBTQ+ Director L.K. Langley, 360-650-7500; Office Hours: Tues. 2-3pm & Wed. 11am-Noon; Resources: https://lgbtq.wwu.edu/western-resources/
  • In the case of a safety concern, please contact the University Police - Emergencies: 360-650-3911 (or 911); Non-emergencies: 360-650-3555; or visit its website: http://www.wwu.edu/ps/police/
  • In the case of food insecurity, please visit one of the on-campus food pantries - VU 511, M-R 7am-10pm, F 7am-11pm, Sa 9am-11p, and Su 10am-11pm; and Birnam Wood 101, M-F from 4pm-9pm.