Western encourages students to seek assistance and support at the onset of an illness, difficulty, or crisis.
Here are some of the resources WWU offers students:
General Student Support
- In the case of a family or personal crisis or emergency, please contact the Office of Student Life - 360-650-3706 or visit website: https://wp.wwu.edu/officeofstudentlife/
- Common situations the Office of Student Life can help with include: academic grievances, frustrations with the administrative workings of the institution, emergency leaves-of-absence, and hardship withdrawals due to personal illness, injury, or the death or illness of a family member.
- In the case of a mental health crisis or concern, please contact the Counseling Center - 360-650-3400 or visit website: http://www.wwu.edu/counseling/
- Emergency services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, throughout the year to current WWU students by calling 360-650-3164.
- In the case of questions about accommodations for a disability, both visible and invisible (e.g. anxiety), please contact the Disability Access Center -360-650-3083 or visit: https://disability.wwu.edu/
- In the case of LGBTQ+ support, please contact the LGBTQ+ Director L.K. Langley, 360-650-7500; Office Hours: Tues. 2-3pm & Wed. 11am-Noon; Resources: https://lgbtq.wwu.edu/western-resources/
- In the case of a safety concern, please contact the University Police - Emergencies: 360-650-3911 (or 911); Non-emergencies: 360-650-3555; or visit its website: http://www.wwu.edu/ps/police/
- In the case of food insecurity, please visit one of the on-campus food pantries - VU 511, M-R 7am-10pm, F 7am-11pm, Sa 9am-11p, and Su 10am-11pm; and Birnam Wood 101, M-F from 4pm-9pm.