Thank you for your interest in teaching at Western Washington University in the Department Health and Community Studies (HCS).
The department currently consists of four programs:
- Undergraduate Bachelors in Nursing program
- Undergraduate program in Human Services
- Graduate program in Adult and Higher Education
- Graduate program in Rehabilitation Counseling
Each program has a separate vacancy pool linked below. It is necessary to apply to each program separately in order to be considered to teach in multiple programs.
The university requires all applicants to apply through the online PageUp application system. Once you apply to one or both of the program vacancy pools, your application is forwarded to faculty for initial screening/review. Your application will be considered further when part-time and or temporary positions become available matching your areas of education, scholarship and experience/expertise.
In the event that such a match appears to occur, you will be contacted by a faculty member at that time.
Update Your Application Annually for Full Consideration
We recommend that you log on to PageUp annually prior to March 1st in order to update your contact information and to submit updated Curriculum Vitae.
In order to assure to be considered each year based upon your most recent qualifications and experience, it is necessary for you to reapply to each position of interest with an updated Curriculum Vitae (the system does not allow you to update previously submitted application material).
When reapplying, please mention in your cover letter that you are re-applying to the position with updated information.
Applications to the vacancy pool must be resubmitted every three years, from the date of the most recent submission, to be considered.
How to Apply
Step One - Get to Know The Program
You will be asked during the application process what courses and what program location (if applicable) you are interested in teaching. So, before applying, applicants are encouraged to:
- consult the online university catalog to view course descriptions for each program of interest.
- visit and review the website of the program(s) you are interested in applying to.
Each program website contain links to current course schedules allowing you to see what days/times courses are normally offered as well as the number of credits and other general information made readily available.
Step Two - Gather Materials
- Prepare a Curriculum Vitae that addresses both the Required and Desired qualifications, as described on the position Announcement(s) linked below.
- Transcripts Required - You will be asked to upload an electronic copy of transcripts (unofficial is acceptable) reflecting highest degree earned with your application.
Note: Only the following file types will be allowed for upload: doc, docx, jpeg, jpg, pdf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx. Only files less then 4 MB in size are allowed for upload.
Step Three - Apply to PageUp Vacancy Pool
Note: If you already have a Western e-mail address, DO NOT use it when listing your contact information. You must use a personal e-mail address.
Non Tenure Track Limited Term Positions (Vacancy Pools)
- Undergraduate Human Services Program
- Undergraduate RN to Bachelors in Nursing Program
- Graduate Adult and Higher Education Program
- Graduate Rehabilitation Counseling Program
Tenure Track Positions
- When open, tenure-track positions are listed on the Human Resources website.
Questions or Problems with PageUp?
If you have difficulty accessing your PageUp account, please contact Human Resources at 360.650.3774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.