Program Acceptance Requirements
Program requirements are described in the current official university catalog, and include:
- Admission to Western Washington University.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on college level work.
- Within 10 credits of completing Western's General University Requirements (GUR) or within 5 credits of a direct transfer degree from a Washington State community college by the start of your first quarter in the program.
- Completion of a program application, including essay.
- Successful completion of a background check (may include fingerprints). Students without a social security number are encouraged to call the program manager at 360.650.7644 for more details.
- Indication of ability and willingness to meet essential functions while enrolled in the major.
- Meet with an advisor by phone and/or face-to-face (as requested).
Application Deadlines - Apply early!
Transfer students with a completed Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA associate degree) are encouraged to apply as early as possible, since a decision can often be made more quickly in some cases.
Measles Policy - Students born after January 1, 1957, must provide proof of measles (Rubella) immunization and/or documentation to the WWU Student Health Center. Contact the Student Health Center at (360) 650-3400 for more information. Distance-Learning students who take all their classes online are exempt from this requirement on a quarter to quarter basis. Staff will request a measles waiver each quarter that a Distance-Learning student meets the exemption criteria.
IMPORTANT: Before considering to apply to the program, be sure to contact the program location where you would like to attend courses.
Contact a Program Coordinator or Faculty Advisor.
Questions? Contact us!