WWU Human Services Program in Everett
- Complete your DTA Associates Degree at a WA State community college (or meet WWU's General University Requirements) and transfer to WWU to earn your Bachelor’s Degree!
- Attend in Everett! All classes are held at the Everett University Center on the campus of Everett Community College.
- Convenient Class Schedule and Format! Most required classes are face-to-face and are held in the evening to accommodate working students. Most elective classes are online.
- The Human Services Program in Everett only admits new students in Fall quarter - the priority application deadline for Fall quarter is March 1!
The Human Services Program in Everett provides an interdisciplinary and systems-oriented theoretical lens by which to view the profession. The curriculum is grounded in a series of sequential courses that examines the human services profession within the context of self and individuals, small groups, organizations, communities, and global systems with an optimal balance between course content and experiential learning that meets national standards in human service education. Concurrently, students enroll in required knowledge and skills-based courses preparing them for careers in both direct service delivery and human services administration.The program uses a cohort model to provide students with an opportunity to build a deep understanding of the human services profession in a dynamic and collaborative learning environment. The program also incorporates several quarters of field study (internship) that integrates knowledge and skills with professional practice. Why Should I Consider This Major?
Are you interested in a career working to enhance the well-being of individuals, families, communities and organizations? Are you seeking a major that integrates a liberal arts education with professional practice? Do you learn effectively through student-centered activities that encourage collaborative inquiry and active engagement to address real world problems? If so, you may want to consider a major in Human Services. Since the mid 1970’s, the Human Services major has attracted students with a strong commitment to social and economic justice, human dignity, self-determination, and the desire to support change through direct and indirect service delivery. Thousands of Human Services Program graduates are currently working in meaningful positions in nonprofit, government, and community-based services.
Links to the Program Overview, Curriculum, and Application Process can be found on the left side of this screen.
Tuition for the Human Services Program in Everett
- Tuition rates for 2019-2020 for WA State Residents: $218 per credit up to 10 credits or $2,181 per quarter if taking 10 to 18 credits. For Non-Residents: $763 per credit up to 10 credits or $7,630 per quarter if taking 10 to 18 credits.
- In addition, there is a $25 per quarter Everett fee and a $1 per quarter Legislative Action Fund fee.
Location & Parking Information
The WWU Human Services Program is offered in Everett at the Everett University Center on the campus of Everett Community College. Information about visitor parking at Everett Community College can be found at http://www.everettcc.edu/administration/cwt-security/security/parking/visitor-parking/. To purchase a Visitor Permit ($2 for 2 hours), look for the small, gray Pay-n-Park tower (there is a "P" on the side of the tower) near the staff parking outside of the Everett University Center (look for lot K in the EvCC map). After you have purchased your permit, you can park in any of the Visitor or unmarked stalls outside of the Everett University Center (make sure to put your receipt on your dashboard).
WWU Human Services Program - Everett
Everett University Center
915 N. Broadway, Room 326
Everett, Washington 98201
Find Out More!
To schedule an individual appointment or learn more about the Human Services Program in Everett, please contact us at 425-405-1640 or email@example.com.