Jump to navigation
MH 158 and MH 258 Conference Room Instructions
- PC laptop computer with CD/DVD and wireless mouse and keyboard (stored in locked cabinet, checkout key from MH 250)
- Start or re-start the laptop, no login is required
- To get online or access network resources, start a Web browser, then it will ask for a valid WWU or guest account. Shortcut to the P-drive is on the desktop.
- Shut down the laptop when done, return it to the cabinet and plug it into the power strip.
- SMART Board (with built-in projector)
- Webcam for video conferencing with Skype for Business
- Polycom video conferencing system (available in MH 158 only)
Connecting a Laptop to the SMART Board
- Plug the video VGA cable from the SMART Board into the laptop to use the projector (Note: Mac laptops may need an adapter to connect to the VGA cable)
- Optionally plug the USB cable from the SMART Board into the laptop (to enable SMART Board touch functionality)
- Optionally connect the audio cable from the SMART Board to the laptop (to use the overhead speakers)
- Power on the SMART Board
- Open the laptop lid, computer should reawaken (power on if necessary)
- Disconnect all cables when done
- Close laptop lid (do not power off) and return laptop to cabinet and plug in the power adapter to re-charge the laptop.
- Lock the cabinet and return the key to MH 250
Using the Wireless Mouse and Keyboard
- Make sure the laptop is running (and Bluetooth is enabled, if using your own WWU computer)
- Turn on the power switch on the underside of the wireless mouse, then wait about 10 seconds for it to connect it to the laptop. If necessary, press the Sync button (also on the underside of the mouse) to connect.
- Turn on the power switch on the underside of the wireless keyboard, then wait about 10 seconds for it to connect it to the laptop. If necessary, press the Sync button (also on the underside of the keyboard) to connect.
- If you use the wireless keyboard or mouse keep them within about 10 feet from the computer.
- If you use the wireless keyboard and mouse together, keep them a minimum of about 4 inches apart, which helps prevent the radio signals from interfering so they work properly.
- After use, please turn off the mouse and keyboard and return them to the cabinet and lock it. Thank you!