The Woodring College of Education mission statement provides context and purpose for our actions.
Woodring College of Education facilitates life-long learning through exemplary teaching to prepare quality education, health, and human services professionals for democratic citizenship and meaningful careers. As a College that serves the state, nation, and world, we:
- Construct, transform, and convey knowledge by integrating research, theory, and practice;
- Cultivate student growth through extensive community and school engagement in collaboration with exemplary practicing professionals;
- Act with respect for individual differences, including taking a strengths-based view;
- Develop collaborative partnerships that promote the learning and well-being of individuals, families, and the community; and
- Evaluate processes and outcomes to ensure continual program improvements.
The vision of Woodring College of Education frames our future.
Woodring College of Education fosters community relationships and a culture of learning that advance knowledge, honor diversities, and promote social justice.