Courtesy Placements (Non-WWU Students)
University field coordinators/directors from an accredited, state-approved teacher education program may request assistance from the Office of Field Experiences at WWU for the placement of one of their student teachers in the north-west corner of Washington State; however, please note that our resources do not allow for extensive assistance with such courtesy placements. Making a formal request does not guarantee our assistance. Email requests from students will NOT be considered. To make a request, the university field coordinator/ director should send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Type of placement (level, grades, subject)
- Geographic location (we will only consider placements in Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish counties).
- Start and end dates for placement
- If placement is fulltime or part time
- Requirements for cooperating teacher; amount of stipend to be paid to cooperating teacher
- If a field supervisor will be needed and if yes, specify the number of visits required and the evaluation responsibilities
The University representative making the request will be notified if we are able to assist with the placement. Assisting with the placement does not guarantee a placement. If assistance is granted, no placement request will be initiated until:
- An electronic student teaching application has been received by OFE
- The courtesy intern has completed the State of Washington required Pre-Residency Certificate Clearance. All courtesy students are required to have fingerprint clearance in the State of Washington. This will require that the courtesy intern complete the Pre-Residency Certificate Clearance form on the OSPI website and submit confirmation of OSPI clearance to our office. All fees associated with this clearance are the responsibility of the courtesy intern.
- Must register for student teaching through their home university
- Do not become WWU students
- Do not pay tuition through WWU
- Must arrange for home university to pay the field supervisor and cooperating teacher directly
- Are not the fiscal responsibility of WWU