The State of Washington requires all student teachers to complete this Professional Growth Plan. This is a state certification requirement and needs to be completed at the end of your first full-time internship. The plan reflects your goal(s) for your first year of contracted teaching.
1. Complete a Professional Growth Plan Self-Reflection for your department. This form identifies career-level benchmarks for the 13 criteria housed within three standards: Effective Teaching, Professional Development, and Teaching as a Profession. The self-assessment should guide you in the process of selecting 1-3 goals.
- PGP Self-Reflection: Elementary Education
- PGP Self-Reflection: Secondary Education
- PGP Self-Reflection: Special Education
2. Use the Professional Growth Plan Template to expand on your goal(s). Include activities, rationale, possible resources, and a timeline with deadlines. Since you will be completing this plan prior to starting your contracted professional career, you may need to keep the possible resources and timeline general enough to align to an anticipated hire date.
3. Review, print, and give a copy to your UIC. (Both you and your UIC will sign the form). Remember, this is a certification requirement and failure to submit a completed plan will delay your certification.
Please email or call if you have any questions: