Academic Program Director
Washington State Certification & Endorsements:
Principal and Program Administrator P-12
Special Education K-12
English as a Second Language K-12
Bilingual Education K-12
Elementary Education K-8
University of West Georgia. Doctor of Education in School Improvement
City University. School Principal and Program Administrator Certification
Heritage University. Masters in English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education
Centro Mexicano Internacional. Morelia, México- Intensive Spanish Studies
Central Washington University. Bachelors in Elementary Education and Special Education
Honors & Publications:
2018 Distinguished ratings in all TPEP categories, Port Angeles School District
2017 Co-Author of Successful DoDEA Grant, Bremerton School District
2017 IRB Approved Study: Teacher Perceptions of Implementing a Social Emotional Learning Program
2016 Peer Reviewed Published Chapter: Learning Communities as a Vehicle for Improved Teaching & Learning
2015 IRB Approved & Published Study: Teacher and Administrator Perceptions of High Stakes Testing
2014 Washington State Academic Achievement Award as building principal for reading improvement
2012 Special Recognition for work with diverse families- School Family Partnerships, Seattle Public Schools
2011 Doctoral Program Acceptance from over 125 applicants into Ed.D. program for School Improvement
2010 & 2011 Presenter by Invitation at Washington Association of Education Grant Managers Conference
2010 Letter of Commendation from OSPI for statewide leadership in programs for at risk students
2007 Recovered $1 million in Safety Net revenue for Seattle School District
1996 Top Ten Graduate Award from the Professional Education Advisory Board of Central Washington University
Academic Program Director. Western Washington University.
Previous Leadership Positions:
• Guest Principal and Kindergarten Teacher. Port Angeles School District. 2017-2018.
• Director of M.Ed. Program & Professional Learning for Teachers. City University of Seattle. 2015-2017.
• DoDEA Grant Coordinator. Bremerton School District. 2016-2017.
• Elementary Principal. North Kitsap School District. 2012-2014.
• Title I/LAP Facilitator & Program Director Intern. Renton School District. 2011-2012.
• Principal Intern. Seattle School District. 2011-2012.
• SES Coordinator, Consulting Teacher, Instructional Coach. Seattle School District. 2008-2011.
• Special Education Safety Net Coordinator. Seattle School District. 2007-2008.
Classroom Teaching Positions 1996-2006:
Seattle School District. Special education, Fourth Grade, First Grade. 1999-2006.
Wenatchee School District. English as a Second Language, Kindergarten, Second Grade. 1996-1999.
• Trained multiple staffs in the use of data carousels for instructional planning
• Planned & coordinated professional learning community (PLC) meetings for 40 summer school teachers
• Facilitated classroom walkthroughs and data collection with staff as part of WIIN Network
• Completed classroom observations and evaluations using Danielson & Marzano
• Designed & coordinated a School Improvement Summit with 12 focus sessions and 100+ attendees
• Coached teachers to increase use of differentiation strategies with diverse students
• Led schools in the planning and implementation of their first school wide Family Math Nights
• Initiated & led collaboration with Mayor of Seattle to involve his office in boosting literacy achievement
• Chaired committee that planned & implemented activities to increase K readiness
• Presented to school boards and district level Advanced Placement Parent Advisory Group
• Creator and organizer for district wide Family Learning Resource Fair
• Selected award recipients as a member Heroes in the Classroom Committee
• Teamed with Literacy, ELL, and Family Involvement central office departments to provide PD for staff
Data-based Decision Making:
• Co-Chaired district committee that calibrated and initiated consistent RtI across grades and buildings
• Developed staff training on data mining for both district staff and for state level presentations
• Facilitated use of MAP & STAR data for progress monitoring and program achievement comparisons
• Organized DIBELS data to lead staff efforts in identifying eligible students for supplemental support
• Analyzed school-based data to determine specific needs for PD on ELL, Literacy, and Family Involvement
Budget & Program Compliance:
• Data Analyst and co-author for $1.5 million levy application
• District lead for all Title I schools and central Title I office to prepare for audit of $12 million grant
• Designer and Coordinator for two state wide Summits for programs for at risk students
• Grant author of two approved grants for supplemental tutoring and K readiness
• Author of Advanced Learning Opportunity Plan (ALO) and Restructuring Plans
• Led research and implementation of data system to track tutoring for 1200 students