Before you can start, make sure you have completed and turned into the coordinator:
- The STUDENT EMPLOYEE INFORMATION FORM.
- The I-9 and W-4 forms. You will need to show identification (refer to page 4 of the I-9 Packet) at the Human Resources office after your hiring form is complete.
- The signed VOLUNTEER PACKET. (The coordinator will provide this to you, and you must fill it out at the school where you will be tutoring.)
- The signed TUTOR CONTRACT.
Once you have been referred to a teacher by the coordinator:
- Contact the teacher to let them know your schedule and when you can start.
- On your first day in the class you and the teacher need to complete the WORK STUDY REFERRAL FORM. Bring the completed form back to the coordinator.
- Congrats! You have finished all the paperwork and can focus on tutoring!
- Timesheets are all online via Web4U.
“Tips for Tutors” is a packet for those who are still a little uncomfortable about heading straight to the classroom. You will learn some common strategies, lingo, and helpful tips from local teachers!
Links and Materials for Tutors
- Tutor Guidelines.
- Student Employee Info Form, the I-9 Form, and the W-4 Form.
- How to complete Web4U timesheets.