Accreditation and Program Approval

Contact Us


Miller Hall 250 (MH 250)

Mailing Address

Woodring College of Education
Western Washington University
MS 9088
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-9088

Accreditation and Program Approval

Woodring programs are accredited by:

National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education


Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities


and approved by:


State of Washington Professional Educator Standards Board
Washington State Department of Health


Our Special Education plus Elementary Education (SPEL) program is recognized by:


Council for Exceptional Children


and our Early Childhood Education program is recognized by:


Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation


Our Rehabilitation Counseling masters program is recognized by: