At Western Washington University we pride ourselves in welcoming participants who come to us as students, are treated as colleagues, and graduate as life-long friends. Since 1944, the Educational Leadership programs have developed strong educational leaders in a program taught by practicing educational experts who provide:
- Curriculum aligned to the Professional Educational Leaders Standards
- Practical, relevant, research-based coursework
- School-based assignments
- Strong student support
The Educational Leadership program offers the following programs
- Master of Education (MEd) in Educational Administration
- Master of Education (MEd) in Educational Administration with Residency Principal Certification
- Residency Administrator (Principal) Certification
- Superintendent Certification
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership
WWU’s administrator (principal) & superintendent certification programs are organized around the National Educational Leadership Program (NELP) standards, which have been adopted as the certification standards by the Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB) and the Washington Council of Education Administration Programs (WCEAP).
The Educational Leadership programs are offered remotely with opportunities for face-to-face class meetings — Bellingham, Everett, Off-Campus Distance Learning (serving the greater Puget Sound areas) & British Columbia.
- MEd and Principal Certification students take at least 2 courses per week offered Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer quarters.
- Superintendent Certification and Doctor of Education candidates meet once a month during the academic year. Most seminars begin Friday afternoon and conclude Saturday afternoon.
- Both the MEd and MEd plus Administrator Certificate admit each quarter.
- Superintendent Administrator Certificate admits Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters
- EdD admits summer quarter.