Media and Digital Literacy Certificate
Now more than ever, teachers need to develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions that new literacies in the classroom require. The Media and Digital Literacy Certificate is for teachers and educators who want to learn how to implement new literacy practices in their school community, regardless of grade level or content area.
- Teach more effectively in a 1:1 environment
- Consume and produce digital media in all content areas
- Create digital content for your classes
- Be a tech leader in your school and community
- Prepare technology integrated lessons
- Produce a variety of digital media for your students (videos, memes, podcasts, etc.)
- Develop a line of inquiry, curate resources, and create a multimedia presentation
- Develop a technology integrated advocacy project
All 16 credits of the Media and Digital Literacy Certificate can be applied to a Master’s in Language and Literacy. You can start with the certificate and decide to enroll in the master’s program later. What a great way to return to school if you’re thinking about it, but aren’t quite ready to enroll in a master’s program!