WWU Teacher Education, a University-wide Enterprise
Teacher candidates complete a professional education program through the Woodring College of Education and an endorsement program offered by academic departments across the University. Together, these programs lead to a Washington State Residency Teacher Certificate endorsed in at least one subject.
- An endorsement designates the subject and grade level in which a teacher is prepared to teach.
- Candidates must complete at least one qualifying endorsement program. Secondary Education undergraduates choose an academic major leading to a qualifying endorsement.
- Candidates may choose to complete an additional endorsement program.
- Teachers earn an add-on endorsement via Pathway 3 and in some cases, Pathway 1 or 2.
- Programs are delivered on the Bellingham main campus except where otherwise noted.
For Candidates and Teachers
For Teachers Only
Classroom Assignment Policy and HQT
According to the Washington State classroom assignment policy teachers should be assigned to teach courses with content that matches the endosement they hold, as determined by the PESB course codes and endorsements matching tool. The federal Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) requirement must also be met.
- Class Finder and Timetable
- WesternOnline Courses
- Tuition and Fees
- University Catalog
- Non-Matriculated Student Registration Program
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction Certification (OSPI)
- Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB)
Request an Endorsement Evaluation for a Secondary or P-12 Level Content Endorsement
- Review the endorsement curriculum found above.
- Locate non-WWU course descriptions for courses that may serve but do not clearly articulate with the WWU course.
- Send unofficial transcripts, any course descriptions, and your contact information to the appropriate Academic Major / Endorsement Advisor
Everett Secondary Education MIT Program:
Submit unofficial transcripts, any course description, and contact information to:
Dr. Christine Schaefer, Academic Program Director
University Center of North Puget Sound
Gray Wolf Hall 237 / 2000 Tower Street
Everett, WA 98201