WWU Teacher Education, a University-wide Enterprise
Teacher candidates complete a professional education program through the Woodring College of Education and an endorsement program offered by academic departments across the University. Together, these programs lead to a Washington State Residency Teacher Certificate endorsed in at least one subject.
- An endorsement designates the subject and grade level in which a teacher is prepared to teach.
- Candidates must complete at least one qualifying endorsement program. Secondary Education undergraduates choose an academic major leading to a qualifying endorsement.
- Additional endorsements may be earned while in the process of obtaining a qualifying endorsement.
- Currently certified teachers may earn additional endorsements to their license. More information can be found here.
Additional Endorsements (May only be completed if you are seeking one of the above endorsements or are already a certified teacher.)
For Candidates and Teachers
For Teachers Only
Request an Endorsement Evaluation for a Secondary or P-12 Level Content Endorsement
- Review the endorsement curriculum found above.
- Locate non-WWU course descriptions for potential course substitutions.
Submit unofficial transcripts, any course descriptions, and your contact information to the appropriate Academic Major / Endorsement Advisor.
Everett Secondary Education MIT Program:
Submit unofficial transcripts, any course descriptions, and your contact information to Dr. Christine Schaefer at Chris.Schaefer@wwu.edu.