WWU Teacher Education, a University-wide Enterprise
Teacher candidates complete a professional education program through the Woodring College of Education and an endorsement program offered by academic departments across the University. Together, these programs lead to a Washington State Residency Teacher Certificate endorsed in at least one subject.
- An endorsement designates the subject and grade level in which a teacher is prepared to teach.
- Candidates must complete at least one qualifying endorsement program. Secondary Education undergraduates choose an academic major leading to a qualifying endorsement.
- Additional endorsements may be earned while in the process of obtaining a qualifying endorsement.
- Currently certified teachers may earn additional endorsements to their license. More information can be found here.
For Candidates and Teachers
For Teachers Only
Request an Endorsement Evaluation for a Secondary or P-12 Level Content Endorsement
- Review the endorsement curriculum found above.
- Locate non-WWU course descriptions for potential course substitutions.
Submit unofficial transcripts, any course descriptions, and your contact information to the appropriate Academic Major / Endorsement Advisor.
Everett Secondary Education MIT Program:
Submit unofficial transcripts, any course descriptions, and your contact information to Dr. Christine Schaefer at Chris.Schaefer@wwu.edu.