The Residency Teacher Certificate (First Issue) is issued by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) upon verification by the Woodring Certification Office of the following:
- A baccalaureate or higher-level degree, earned from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Successful completion of a WWU teacher education program and at least one qualifying endorsement program.
- Evidence of good moral character and personal fitness.
- Passing score on the content test(s) required for each endorsement.
- Successful completion of the student teaching internship including Washington State requirements for a draft professional growth plan and passing score on the edTeacher Performance Assessment (edTPA).
Bellingham campus students submit the Teacher Certification Requirements Report to the Woodring College of Education Certification Office (Miller Hall 150) approximately four months prior to start of the first full-time student teaching internship, in accordance with the following schedule.
|Full-time Student Teaching Start Quarter||Requirements Report Due Date|
Note: If the above date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or WWU holiday the deadline is the next business day.
Bellingham campus and Teacher Education Outreach Program (TEOP) students apply for their Residency certificate and pay a $74 certification fee through the OSPI E-Certification system, following completion of all requirements and recommendation by the WCE Certification Office.