Learning in Communities and Schools (LinCS)
The Link Between Communities and Schools
A knowledge sharing experience - contact us at LinCS@wwu.edu
Who Are We?
The Woodring College of Education (WCE) Learning in Community and Schools (LinCS) Office serves to promote and enrich connections between WCE faculty, staff, and students, and the surrounding communities in which they study, work, and live.
Our mission is to facilitate contextualized community-based learning that integrates service and academic instruction as a means to foster university engagement that furthers the academic and public purposes of the university.
The LinCS Office strives to:
- Add value to WCE through enhanced linkages with community partners.
- Enhance student learning experiences through innovative field-based teaching that addresses actual needs relevant to the wellbeing of children, families, and communities.
- Make mutually beneficial and meaningful connections and contributions in the greater community.
- Support WCE in continuing to be the premier College of Education in the region through innovative and effective teaching, service, and scholarship.
LinCS is committed to supporting students. We:
- Offer well coordinated service-learning projects that enhance classroom learning.
- Help students identify new service opportunities or continue involvement with projects in which they are already working.
- Provide opportunities for students to engage in a new community, or give back to their own communities.
- Listen and learn from students so that we can continuously enrich our program.
- Are available to meet with students to discuss successes, concerns and questions.