Learning in Community & Schools
Who Are We?
The Woodring College of Education (WCE) Learning in Community and Schools (LinCS) Office serves to promote and cultivate connections between WCE faculty, staff, and students, and the surrounding communities in which they study, work, and live. We work with a variety of community partners to send students on service-learning experiences that enrich their teaching education by integrating service and academic instruction.
The LinCS Office strives to:
- Add value to WCE through enhanced linkages with community partners.
- Enhance student learning experiences through innovative field-based teaching that addresses needs relevant to the wellbeing of children, families, and communities.
- Make mutually beneficial and meaningful connections and contributions in the greater community.
- Support WCE in continuing to be the region's premier College of Education through innovative and effective teaching, service, and scholarship.
LinCS is committed to supporting students by:
- Offering well coordinated service-learning projects that enhance classroom learning.
- Helping students identify new service opportunities or continue involvement with their current projects.
- Providing opportunities for students to engage in a new community, or give back to their own communities.
- Listening and learning from students so that we can continuously enrich our program.
- Being available to meet with students to discuss successes, concerns and questions.