Funding your Nursing Studies:
- Please note that the new FAFSA deadlines for the 2020/2021 academic year applications opened on October 1, 2019.
- Complete the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and have the results sent to WWU (Title IV School Code: 003802). You may not believe that you could qualify for federal assistance, but scholarships which you apply for may want a copy of your application response. Your situation may unexpectedly change as well during the course of the year, so filing your application could assist if this happens. The WWU Scholarships that are awarded require that you complete a FAFSA application as well. Western's priority filing deadline is January 31, 2020.
- Check with your employer and/or your union. They may offer money for tuition reimbursement or scholarship or have other funding opportunities as well.
- Start the scholarship hunt; you can find a search function on the WWU financial aid department website.
- Are you a Veteran or a dependent of one? Contact WWU’s Veterans Services office to maximize your benefits.
- Research the other many scholarships offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, civic, community, fraternal and religious groups, and professional and social organizations.
Cost of Attendance
Academic Year Defined
Eligibility for many financial aid programs is based in part on an academic year. Western Washington University defines an academic year as three quarters with each quarter consisting of 10-11 weeks, comprising an academic year of at least 30 weeks during which a full-time undergraduate student would complete 45 credit hours to make regular academic progress toward a four-year baccalaureate degree. Generally, the minimum number of credit hours required to receive financial aid on a fulltime basis for undergraduates is 12 credit hours per quarter. You will also need to inform Financial Aid that you will need summer quarter assistance as our plan of study runs through the academic year and summer quarter. An additional summer financial aid application will need to be completed.
The RN-to-BSN program tuition is considered an Extended Program, please contact us for more information on the current cost per credit for tuition, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Western Financial Aid page can be found here.
- Extended Education cyber/online budgets now include the transportation cost component.
- Additional educational expenses may be added to your standard cost of attendance by a Financial Aid Counselor, subject to regulatory requirements and professional judgment.
Tuition, Scholarship & Aid
Tuition & Fees
- The nursing program is an Outreach and Continuing Education specialized program, which is located at the bottom of this page under 2019-2020 Extension/Self Supporting Programs Tuition & Fees
- For a list of scholarships available through the Woodring College of Education, please visit the website. Please note that some are available only through the RN-to-BSN program and some are available to all Woodring students, including students in the RN-to-BSN program, using the application on the website.
Financial Aid Department
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- National American Arab Nurses Assn (NAANA)
- National Assn of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN)
- National Black Nurses Assn (NBNA)
- Pride Foundation
- WA State Commission on African American Affairs
- Aises A.T. Anderson Scholarship
State of Washington & Federal Government
- WA Student Achievement Council
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarhip for STEM & Health Care Majors
- WSNA Washington State Nursing Association
- HRSA Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- HRSA Nursing Grant Program
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- AACN Student Scholarships
- AfterCollege AACN Scholarship
- AfterCollege Children's National Health System Pediatric Nursing Student Scholarship (for those working toward their BSN)
- AACN Continuing Professioal Development Scholarships
- AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship
- CastleBranch.com/AACN Scholarship
- FNSNA Undergraduate Scholarship
Other Nursing Scholarships & Grants
- Chuckanut Health Foundation
- Mt. Baker Nurses Association
- Washington State Nurses Association Scholarship
- Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN)
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing (AAMN)
- Emergency Nurse Assn Foundation
- National Student Nurse Assn
- American Nurses Assn (ANA)
- "A Nurse I Am" Scholarship
- FSNSA Scholarships
- FSNA Grants
- National League for Nursing Foundation (NLN)
- Northwest Navy Nurse Corps Assn (Acceptance of this scholarship does not commit the recipient to service in the military)
- Barbara Rhomberg Excellence in Nursing Scholarship
- Washington Center for Nursing
- ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
- F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarships
- Alexander Graham Bell Foundation College Scholarship Award
- Global Health Nursing Scholarship
- Inland Empire Nurses Association Scholarship
- March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarship
- National Health Service Corps
- Nurse License Map / Nursing Scholarships & Financial Aid
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
- Scholarships for Nursing Students
- The Scottish Rite Scholarship Foundation of Washington
- American Addiction Centers (AAC) Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program