Scholarships and Aid
Funding your Nursing Studies
- Complete the FAFSA and have the results sent to WWU (Title IV School Code: 003802). Western's priority filing deadline is January 31st of each year.
- Check with your employer and/or your union. They may offer money for tuition reimbursement or scholarship or have other funding opportunities as well.
- Start the scholarship hunt; there is a list of scholarships on this page.
- Are you a Veteran or a dependent of one? Contact WWU’s Veterans Services office to maximize your benefits.
- Research the other many scholarships offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, civic, community, fraternal and religious groups, and professional and social organizations.
Cost of Attendance
Western's RN-to-BSN Program is state-supported, and the tuition is competitive with other comparable programs in the state. RN-to-BSN students pay the same tuition as any other undergraduates at the university. Western Financial Aid can help you to get started.
Tuition & Fees
To learn more about program costs please visit the Student Business Office website. The full-time, four quarter option is 12 credits per quarter and the part-time option is 6 credits per quarter for eight quarters.
For a list of scholarships available through the Woodring College of Education, please visit the Woodring Scholarship website. Please note that some are available only through the RN-to-BSN program and some are available to all Woodring students, including students in the RN-to-BSN program, using the application on the website. The program coordinator will also email scholarship opportunities to students after they have been admitted to the program.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- National American Arab Nurses Assn (NAANA)
- National Assn of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN)
- National Black Nurses Assn (NBNA)
- Pride Foundation
- WA State Commission on African American Affairs
- Aises A.T. Anderson Scholarship
- Asian American / Pacific Islander Nurses Association
State of Washington & Federal Government
- WA Student Achievement Council
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship for STEM & Health Care Majors
- Washington State Nursing Association (WSNA)
- HRSA Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- HRSA Nursing Grant Program
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- AACN Student Scholarships
- AfterCollege AACN Scholarship
- AACN Continuing Professional Development Scholarships
- FNSNA Undergraduate Scholarship
Other Nursing Scholarships & Grants
- Chuckanut Health Foundation
- Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN)
- American Association for Men in Nursing (AAMN)
- Emergency Nurse Assn Foundation
- National Student Nurse Assn
- American Nurses Assn (ANA)
- "A Nurse I Am" Scholarship
- FSNA Grants
- National League for Nursing Foundation (NLN)
- Northwest Navy Nurse Corps Assn (Acceptance of this scholarship does not commit the recipient to service in the military)
- Barbara Rhomberg Excellence in Nursing Scholarship
- Washington Center for Nursing
- ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
- F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarships
- Inland Empire Nurses Association Scholarship
- March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarship
- National Health Service Corps
- The Scottish Rite Scholarship Foundation of Washington
- American Addiction Centers (AAC) Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program
- NurseJournal Guide to Financial Aid and Scholarships for Nurses
- Study.com The Guide to Scholarships my Major