Scholarships and Aid
Funding your Nursing Studies
- Complete the FAFSA and have the results sent to WWU (Title IV School Code: 003802). Western's priority filing deadline is January 31, 2020.
- Check with your employer and/or your union. They may offer money for tuition reimbursement or scholarship or have other funding opportunities as well.
- Start the scholarship hunt; you can find a search function on the WWU financial aid department website.
- Are you a Veteran or a dependent of one? Contact WWU’s Veterans Services office to maximize your benefits.
- Research the other many scholarships offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, civic, community, fraternal and religious groups, and professional and social organizations.
Cost of Attendance
The RN-to-BSN program tuition is considered an Extended Program, please contact us for more information on the current cost per credit for tuition, firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, see Western Financial Aid.
- Extended Education cyber/online budgets now include the transportation cost component.
- Additional educational expenses may be added to your standard cost of attendance by a Financial Aid Counselor, subject to regulatory requirements and professional judgment.
Tuition, Scholarship & Aid
Tuition & Fees
- The nursing program is an Outreach and Continuing Education specialized program. Information can be found here: 2019-2020 Extension/Self Supporting Programs Tuition & Fees. The 2020-2021 Extension/Self Supporting Programs Tuition & Fees rate for the nursing program is $327 per credit hour.
- For a list of scholarships available through the Woodring College of Education, please visit the Woodring Scholarship website. Please note that some are available only through the RN-to-BSN program and some are available to all Woodring students, including students in the RN-to-BSN program, using the application on the website.
Financial Aid Department
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- National American Arab Nurses Assn (NAANA)
- National Assn of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN)
- National Black Nurses Assn (NBNA)
- Pride Foundation
- WA State Commission on African American Affairs
- Aises A.T. Anderson Scholarship
State of Washington & Federal Government
- WA Student Achievement Council
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship for STEM & Health Care Majors
- Washington State Nursing Association (WSNA)
- HRSA Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- HRSA Nursing Grant Program
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- AACN Student Scholarships
- AfterCollege AACN Scholarship
- AfterCollege Children's National Health System Pediatric Nursing Student Scholarship (for those working toward their BSN)
- AACN Continuing Professional Development Scholarships
- AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship
- CastleBranch.com/AACN Scholarship
- FNSNA Undergraduate Scholarship
Other Nursing Scholarships & Grants
- Chuckanut Health Foundation
- Mt. Baker Nurse Practitioners Association
- Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN)
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing (AAMN)
- Emergency Nurse Assn Foundation
- National Student Nurse Assn
- American Nurses Assn (ANA)
- "A Nurse I Am" Scholarship
- FSNSA Scholarships
- FSNA Grants
- National League for Nursing Foundation (NLN)
- Northwest Navy Nurse Corps Assn (Acceptance of this scholarship does not commit the recipient to service in the military)
- Barbara Rhomberg Excellence in Nursing Scholarship
- Washington Center for Nursing
- ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
- F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarships
- Alexander Graham Bell Foundation College Scholarship Award
- Global Health Nursing Scholarship
- Inland Empire Nurses Association Scholarship
- March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarship
- National Health Service Corps
- Nurse License Map / Nursing Scholarships & Financial Aid
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
- Scholarships for Nursing Students
- The Scottish Rite Scholarship Foundation of Washington
- American Addiction Centers (AAC) Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program