Hope Corbin, Ph.D.
she/her/hers, Director Human Services, Associate Professor
- PhD, Health Promotion and Development, University of Bergen, Norway
- MPhil, Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Norway
- BA, Communication, State University of New York at Plattsburgh
Service to the Profession
- Deputy Editor-in- Chief, Health Promotion International
Professional and Scholarly Interests
- Art-based research and practice
- Health Promotion
- Equity and health
- Social determinants of health
- Global health
- Power relations in North-South partnership
- Intersectoral collaboration
- Promoting Wellbeing
- Inequity and US Policy and Institutions, Human Services Professionals and Global Systems, Health Care and Human Services, Internship seminar, and, beginning 2020, Introduction to Human Services
- Past courses: Human Services & Management, Program Planning and Evaluation, Human Services Professionals and Community Systems, Readings and Projects, Capstone Portfolio
In press Corbin, J.H., Sanmartino, M., Hennessy, E.A., Urke, H.B. (editors). Art and Health Promotion: Tools and Bridges for Practice, Research and Social Transformation. In production with Springer for open access publication in 2021.
2020 Leitch, S., Corbin, J. H., Christa A., Delobelle, P., Gwanzura Ottemöller, F. Matenga, T.F., Mweemba, O., Pederson, A., Wicker, J. “Black Lives Matter in Health Promotion: Moving from Unspoken to Outspoken.” Health Promotion International, https://doi.org/10.1093/heapro/daaa121
2020 Corbin, J.H., Leitch, S., Christa A., Delobelle, P., Gwanzura Ottemöller, F. Matenga, T.F., Mweemba, O., Pederson, A., Wicker, J. Deconstructing hegemonic epistemologies: An urgent call for anti-racist scholarship for health promotion and Black lives Health Promotion International. https://doi.org/10.1093/heapro/daaa108
2020 Matenga, T. F., Zulu, J.M.. Corbin, J.H., Mweemba, O.. “Dismantling Historical Power Inequality through Authentic Health Research Collaboration: Southern Partners’ Aspirations.” Global Public Health 0, no. 0 (June 4, 2020): 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1080/17441692.2020.1775869.
2019 Matenga, T.F.**, Zulu, J. M., Corbin, J.H., and Mweemba, O. Contemporary issues in north- south health research partnerships: perspectives of health research stakeholders in Zambia. Health Research and Policy Systems 17(1):7. doi: 10.1186/s12961-018-0409-7.
2018 Corbin, J.H., Health promotion and #MeToo: meeting men where they are. Health Promotion International 33(6): 921–924. https://doi.org/10.1093/heapro/day097
2018 Spencer, G., Corbin, J. H., Miedema, E. Sustainable development goals for health promotion: a critical frame analysis. Health Promotion International. https://doi.org/10.1093/heapro/day036
2018 Corbin, J.H., Jones, J., Barry, M., What makes intersectoral partnerships for health promotion effective? A scoping review of the international literature. Health Promotion International, 33(1). doi: 10.1093/heapro/daw061
2017 Corbin, J.H., Health Promotion, Partnership and Intersectoral Action. Health Promotion International 32(6)
2017 Corbin, J.H., Chu, M., Carney, J., Donnelly, S., Clancy, A. Understanding Collaboration: A formative process evaluation of a state-funded school-university partnership. School-University Partnerships, 10(1).
2016 Corbin, J.H. Health promotion research: Thinking critically about knowledge production. Health Promotion International. 31(4).
2016 Chandran, D., Corbin, J. H., Shillam, C. R. An Ecological Understanding of Caregiver Experiences in Palliative Care. Journal of Social Work in End-of-Life & Palliative Care. doi: 10.1080/15524256.2016.1156602