Meilan Jin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Early Childhood Education
Dr. Meilan Jin, Assistant Professor, has centered her teaching and scholarship on mixed methods research into the preschool years. Her research interests include children's cognitive development, play, cross-cultural study, preservice teacher education, and teacher professional development. She is interested in developing a research agenda involving cross cultural learning associated with the WWU ECE program and the Southwest University in Chongqing, China and the associated preschool education partnerships.
I teach courses:
- ECE 391: Preschool Practicum & Seminar
- ECE 434: Environments for Early Learning
- ECE 430: Creativity and Play in ECE
- ECE 439: Curriculum Planning in ECE
- ECE 498: Seminar
- ECE 495: Preschool Internship