Internship Guide - Current Openings
Internship Directory - All Partners
A comprehensive list of our partner organizations
Forms needed for internships have been updated from PDFs to WWU E-Sign Forms
Access the forms and details about e-sign form submission
Please reach out to HSP.FieldStudies@wwu.edu for any questions or comments
Field Study Resources for HSP Instructors and Internship Site Supervisors
- Please refer to Roles & Responsibilities in the Field Studies Manual Revised 3-28-23
- Human Services Field Studies Newsletter
Providing Internship Opportunities for Students
If you would like to provide students with an internship opportunity, please see the following resources:
- View Introduction to Supervising Human Services Students in Field Studies slideshow.
- Read the information below regarding compliance with employment law.
- Submit your placement/agency information via the WWU Handshake Hub
- Or directly to the Human Services Field Studies Office. Advertise your Internship Opportunity Here
In order to provide non-paying internships in compliance with employment law, you must either be a registered non-profit organization or comply with the following criteria, while providing unpaid interns with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge that has "transferable usefulness" beyond your specific organization.
- The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment;
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern, and on occasion, its operations may actually be impeded;
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and
- The employer and intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship.
For more information, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s website and check out the Wage and Hour Division’s recently issued:
- Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Students and Partners: Advertise and View Internship Opportunities
PARTNERS ADVERTISE HERE Or
- WWU Handshake Hub