Master in Teaching, Multilingual Education, South King County
Are you passionate about working with dual language learners? Would you like to teach in a middle or high school classroom? Join us!
Dual language programs are growing throughout Washington State and districts are searching for multilingual teachers who are highly trained in methods of content and language teaching. Our Master in Teaching program with emphasis in Multilingual Education is designed for candidates who wish to complete a Master’s degree with recommendation for Washington State Residency Certification to teach at the secondary level (middle and high school) and training in dual language education (through ELL and/or Bilingual endorsements). This program is specific to initial certification only.
The program is designed to support professionals working in multilingual settings who are employed by school districts in South King County.
Next entry is Spring 2023. Contact us today to learn how to join this program!
Upcoming Information Sessions!
Join us at an information session to learn more about our program! Use this link to register for a session!
- September 28: 5:00-6:00 pm (Zoom)
- October 4: 5:00-6:00 pm (Zoom)
- October 18: 5:00-6:00 pm, 6:00-7:00pm, 7:00-8:00 pm (AT PSESD)
- October 25: 5:00-6:00 pm (Zoom)
- November 3: 5:00-6:00 pm (Zoom)
- November 9: 5:00-6:00 pm, 6:00-7:00pm, 7:00-8:00 pm (AT PSESD)
- November 15: 5:00-6:00 pm (Zoom)
We look forward to meeting you!
- Small, cohort model
- Collaborative, hands-on learning environment
- 6-7 quarters to completion
- Mentorship from application to graduation
- Employment during program by working as a guest teacher in a bilingual classroom setting
Program Location & Contacts
Puget Sound ESD | 800 Oakesdale Ave SW | Renton, WA 98057
Academic Program Director | Beth Dillard, PhD | Beth.Dillard@wwu.edu
Program Coordinator | Angela Brown | email@example.com