Contact a Site Coordinator for Information on Available Options!
Bachelor of Arts in Education (BAE) with Education for Inclusive Environments Major. Program includes residency teacher certificate and dual endorsements in special and elementary educations.
Post-Baccalaureate Residency Teacher Certificate with elementary education endorsement, for candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree.
Admission Priority Deadline:
March 1st is the priority application date for all TEOP sites. Applications received after March 1st will be considered on a space available basis.
Contact a Site Coordinator:
Contact a site coordinator for admissions advising:
1. Admitted to or have applied to WWU Apply to WWU
2. Complete Program Application
3. Complete WWU GURs, a Direct Transfer AA, or a Bachelor’s Degree
4. Grade point average, overall or last 45 credits, of 2.75 or higher
5. English composition course with a grade of B- or higher
6. Satisfaction of WEST-B, SAT, or ACT requirement
Basic Skills Requirement:
Students applying to teacher education programs in the State of Washington must have official passing scores on the WEST-B (Washington Educator Skills Test-Basic) and designate WWU as a score recipient. As an alternative to the WEST-B, applicants may meet a minimum score on any or all of the applicable SAT or ACT test. See our WEST-B website for details and test registration information.
What is the math pre-requisite?
Students are required to take Math 381, Math 382, and Math 383 to satisfy requirements for teacher certification. Math 381 is offered during the first quarter of enrollment and the pre-req must be met prior to beginning the program.* The pre-req can be met in one of the following ways:
1. Obtain a grade of C or better in an Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, or Pre-Calculus course at a regionally accredited college or university within the last five years.
2. Obtain a grade of C or better in Western’s MATH 112 within the last five years.
3. Obtain a passing score on Western’s ALEKS Math Placement Assessment (MPA). Placement test is available upon offer of admission.
*Students who cannot satisfy the math pre-req will not be allowed to enroll in the program.