Endorsement Programs for Certified Teachers
Apply by March 1st for priority consideration!
- Apply to WWU and the program here: (https://admissions.wwu.edu/apply/location-programs)
- Complete WWU GURs, a Direct Transfer AA, or a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Grade point average, overall or last 45 credits, of 2.75 or higher.
- English composition course with a grade of B- or higher.
- The satisfaction of WEST-B, SAT, or ACT requirement.
Students applying to teacher education programs in the State of Washington must have official scores on the WEST-B (Washington Educator Skills Test-Basic) and designate WWU as a score recipient. As an alternative to the WEST-B, applicants may hold a score on any or all of the applicable SAT or ACT test. See our WEST-B website for details and test registration information.
- The satisfaction of math pre-requisite.
Students are required to take Math 381, Math 382, and Math 383 to satisfy requirements for teacher certification. Math 381 is offered during the first quarter of enrollment and the pre-req must be met prior to beginning the program. The pre-req can be met in one of the following ways:
- Obtain a grade of C or better in an Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, or Pre-Calculus course at a regionally accredited college or university within the last five years.
- Obtain a grade of C or better in Western’s MATH 112 within the last five years.
- Obtain a passing score on Western’s ALEKS Math Placement Assessment (MPA). Placement test is available upon offer of admission.
*Students who cannot satisfy the math pre-req will not be allowed to enroll in the program.
Contact a Site Coordinator for individualized advising and step-by-step instructions, including confirmation:
Bremerton ELED/SPED: Michael White 360.650.2568 Option 5
Bremerton ECE: Lilla Bodo 360.650.2568 Option 4
Burien: Miranda Myers Barker 360.650.6292
Everett: Angeline Ocampo 425.405.1646
Endorsement only: Miranda Myers Barker 360.650.6292