The decision to deny entry into the program/field is made for applicants guilty of the following:
- first, second, or third degree assault of a child;
- first, second, or third degree rape;
- first, second, or third degree rape of a child;
- sexual exploitation of minors;
- child abuse or neglect as defined in RCW 26.44.020;
- first or second degree custodial sexual misconduct;
- first, second, or third degree child molestation;
- first or second degree sexual misconduct with a minor;
- patronizing a juvenile prostitute;
- child abandonment;
- child buying or selling;
- or any of these crimes as they may be renamed in the future.
For all other crimes, consideration is given to the type of convictions and when convictions occurred, among other factors. Be sure to list any convictions for any other crimes not listed above.
Please indicate if you are currently on parole or probation etc. and the details such as what for, expected release date, any special restrictions etc.
Failure to disclose any previous convictions that might appear on a report is not helpful to applicants.