Program Description and Pre-enrollment Requirements
- WWU Professional Certification Program Overview
- Verification of Educational Staff Associate Experience
- Washington School Counselor Knowledge and Skill Standards
- Professional Audit
- Professional Educator Standards Board ESA Professional Certificate Website
Residency Certificate Renewal (Optional)
- Contact the Woodring Certification Office for Residency Renewal application nstructions upon admission to the WWU Professional Certification Program.
Applying for the Professional Certificate
- Contact Woodring Certification Office for Professional Certificate application instructions upon completion of the WWU Professional Certification Program.
Professional Certificate Renewal
The Professional certificate is renewed every five years on this basis:
- ProCert first issued prior to 9/2014: 150 clock hours or equivalent related to the current performance-based standards, or four annual professional growth plans (PGPs), over the five year validity term.
- ProCert first issued 9/1/2014 or later; serving in the role: four annual PGPs equivalent to 30 clock hours each over the five year validity term.
- ProCert first issued 9/1/2014 or later; serving in the role a portion of the time: combination of clock hours or equivalent as defined above and PGPs totaling 150 clock hours, over the five year validity term.
- Not serving in the role during the five year term: 150 clock hours or equivalent as defined above over the five year validity term.
- Valid school counselor certificate issued by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. The renewal is valid for five years or until expiration of the National Board Certificate, whichever is greater.
- One time renewal option of using 150 clock hours or equivalent as defined above in lieu of PGPs, through June 30, 2020
Woodring Certification Office
516 High Street / Miller Hall 150
Bellingham, Washington 98225
Telephone: (360) 650-4630
Facsimile: (360) 650-6583