Master of Education in Adult and Higher Education
Linking Theory to Practice, Policies, Research and Evaluation!
Our internationally renowned program is intellectually rigorous, emotionally satisfying, and valuable for professional development. And it is flexible to fit the lives and aspirations of adults. In our program we engage you in the big picture of adult and higher education--we link learning theories not only to real-life practice and situations but also to policies, research and evaluation. Our approach begins with our student community.
We will engage you in:
- Inquiry-based learning (i.e., action research) for the new workplace emphasizing team-based projects and problem-solving
- Shared leadership to understand organizational development and power with social justice aims
- Thematic based coursework that focuses on timely topics and issues in adult and higher education and learning
- Developing educational ‘capital’ that includes academic literacy, critical literacy, digital literacy, and information literacy
- Self-knowledge and cultural competence to deal with increasing diversity, internationalization and globalization
Advance Your Academic and Professional Career!
Students in our program work (or aim to work) in a variety of professions and settings including:
- community colleges and universities
- public safety and health care organizations
- corporations and industry
- non-profits and non-governmental organizations
- community and human service settings
Each course is conveniently offered in a blended delivery mode using a combination of 3 to 5 face to face sesssions with the remainder of the course online. The face to face sessions are held on campus and scheduled various weeknights starting at 6pm, allowing you to learn and develop in a flexible way that supports your learning needs. Find out more about our program using the navigation bar on the left!
View the AHE Program Slideshow done by alumni student, Christina Van Wingerden. We are proud of you Christina!