Mission and Objectives
The Graduate Program in Rehabilitation Counseling offers a Master of Arts degree accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
to prepare dedicated and qualified rehabilitation counselors who will partner with individuals with disabilities to enhance their lives, including self-determination, independence, meaningful employment, and full community participation.
- To offer a quality curriculum that prepares master's level rehabilitation counselors with the knowledge and skills necessary to ethically and competently serve and advocate with individuals with disabilities.
- To recruit and retain qualified students for a viable program that includes persons from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds and individuals with disabilities.
- To promote an inclusive learning community that enriches student experience and education and promotes full participation of all students.
- To create opportunities for student interaction with individuals with disabilities as well as individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- To efficiently and effectively enhance the program by obtaining regular and timely feedback from students, the advisory committee, field experience site supervisors, consumers, graduates, and employers.