Rehabilitation Counseling Advisory Committee
Professional Education Advisory Boards
The Rehabilitation Counseling (RC) Advisory Committee will serve in an advisory capacity for the students, staff, and faculty of the Western Washington University Graduate Program in Rehabilitation Counseling by:
- providing feedback regarding local, state, regional, and national trends, needs, and policy changes;
- acting as an advocate for the RC program; and
- providing feedback on the current curriculum and proposed curriculum changes.
The RC Advisory Committee will also serve as an external reviewer for certain areas of the program evaluation plan, including:
- the RC program’s mission and objectives;
- the curriculum;
- graduate achievement and employment;
- recruitment and retention of students; and
- program recognition, support, and resources.
- Jen Bean, Alumna & WA Client Assistance Program
- Doug Burkhalter, Alumnus & WA Client Assistance Program
- Anthony Choppa, Rehabilitation Counselor/Case Manager, OSC Vocational Systems, Inc.
- Eva L. de Leon, Alumna & Assistant Director of Programs, UW Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation
- Kailey Fielder-Gohlke, Alumna & Executive Director, HERO House
- Jana Finkbonner, Director, North Intertribal Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Kelly Franklin, Director of VR Projects & Services, UW Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation
- Sheila Hoover, Internship Coordinator, Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Marny Howell, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- Kurt Johnson, Professor, Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington
- Shienke Kimbro, Assistant Veteran Readiness and Employment Officer, Portland VA Regional Benefit Office
- Greg Mahle, Department Chair, BA in Community Advocates and Responsive Education in Human Services program, Northwest Indian College
- Kim Poage, Training Engagement Specialist, Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Kathy Powers, Vice President of Services, Orion Industries
- Terry Redmon, Director, Washington Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Sonia Stratton, Alumna & Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor/QA Manager, Strategic Consulting Services, Inc.
- Lisa Wheeler, Alumna & Assistant Director of Vocational Rehabilitation & Workforce, Washington Department of Services for the Blind