Enhance teaching and learning through the effective use of technology.
- Develop and implement professional development strategies including:
- Showcase the enhancement of instruction through effective uses of technology.
- Create venues for sharing information and increasing awareness and understanding of effective uses of technology that support student learning.
- Organize and facilitate open dialogue around technology related issues.
- Act as a resource for the College, including off campus and distance learning programs, to:
- Interface with University technology committees and disseminate information.
- Facilitate alignment of curriculum with national technology standards.
- Peer review uses of technology.
- Locate, disseminate and support access to technology.
- Assist in writing grants related to technology.
- Align available technology resources with faculty needs.
- Monitor allocation of College technology resources including:
- Review WCE and University allocation policies.
- Periodically review the college technology plan.
- Act as a liaison to other technology related bodies within the college and across the University.
Technology Committee membership will consist of:
- Volunteers who are interested in technology, are willing to commit to the work of the Committee, and who share the mission of the Committee in the context of the College.
- Appointees from Divisions or Departments that may, but are not required to, send someone to the Committee.
- The Director of Woodring Technology Services.
- The WCE representative to the Academic Technology Committee (ATC).
- A representative from Academic Technology & User Services (ATUS).
- At least one staff representative.
- A non-voting staff member to provide administrative support.
|Don Burgess||Secondary Education, Co-Chair|
|Beth Dillard||Elementary Education, Co-Chair|
|Paula Dagnon||Instructional Technology, Co-Chair|
|Devyani Chandran||Health and Community Studies|
|Sondra Cuban||Adult and Higher Education|
|Gabe Gossett||Wilson Library|
|Greg Hoffenbacker||Woodring Technology Services|
|Joseph Hunter||Educational Administration|
|Bridget Kelley||Special Education|
|Rick Nichols||Academic Technology and User Services|
|Carole Teshima||Dean's Office|
|Sam Dixon||Student Representative|
|Michael McMurray||Student Representative|