Teacher Curricula & Certification Council
Professional Education Advisory Boards
The ambit of TCCC shall include teacher education certification programs, and professional preparation programs proposed by certification consortia in which the University participates. The TCCC shall
- provide interaction among the units of WWU engaged in teacher preparation;
- take actions to improve relations with agencies outside WWU which relate to teacher preparation and certification; and
- ensure that actions being considered which might affect courses or programs offered by academic units of WWU are forwarded to those units for review at least one week prior to final action. Failure to do so will void the action.
Committee membership includes 10 Faculty:
- 2 from the College of Humanities and Social Sciences;
- 2 from the College of Sciences and Technology;
- 2 from the College of Fine and Performing Arts;
- 3 faculty from the Woodring College of Education:
- 1 each representing Elementary Ed, Secondary Ed and Special Education;
- 1 Woodring representative to ACC.
Total Membership of 15-17 also includes:
- 1 Public school representative;
- Director of Certification and Accreditation;
- Director of Teacher Education Admissions and Field Experiences;
- the Woodring Associate Dean (ex-officio); and
- 1-3 students representing Elementary Education, Secondary Education, and/or Special Education. Students may be undergraduate, post-baccalaureate or graduate students.