MA in Rehabilitation Counseling Program
Recruiting for Fall 2021 - we have a few spots still open - apply soon!
During this time we are working remotely - please email RC.Everett@wwu.edu if you have any questions.
What is Rehabilitation Counseling?
- Rehabilitation counseling is a systematic process which helps persons with physical, mental, developmental, cognitive, and emotional disabilities to achieve their personal, career, and independent living goals.
- This is accomplished in the most integrated setting possible, through the application of the counseling process.
- The counseling process involves communication, goal setting, and beneficial growth or change through self-advocacy, psychological, vocational, social, and behavioral interventions.
- Learn more about the RC Profession and Program
- This 90-credit graduate program combines required courses and field experiences, leading to a Master of Arts in Rehabilitation Counseling.
- The program is fully accredited by CACREP (Council on Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs).
- Coursework is offered in a unique format that is made up of face-to-face classes, online classes, and hybrid classes. Students enrolled in the program can expect to take a combination of classes in all three formats. Face-to-face classes meet one evening a week. Hybrid classes meet face-to-face 5 times a quarter and the other weeks are online. Face-to-face classes meet in Everett, WA at the Everett University Center on the campus of Everett Community College. Review our academic plan to learn which classes are face-to-face, online, and hybrid.
- The program can be completed in 8 quarters or 2 years (including two summers). It is also possible to complete the program in 3 or 4 years.
- Graduates of our program work in variety of settings including: Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Services for the Blind, VA Hospitals, VA Vocational Rehab & Employment offices, non-profits focusing on employment (including mental health and substance abuse agencies), workers compensation agencies, and community college & university disability support services.
WWU Rehabilitation Counseling Program - Everett
Everett University Center at Everett Community College
915 N. Broadway, Office 326
Everett, WA 98201