Locations & Contacts
Apply by March 1st for Fall Quarter program admission.
Application Requirements - Bellingham
Note: The ECE program cannot guarantee a BAE in ECE and/or ECE P-3 teacher certification if the candidate is not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 due to the requirements of our partner ECE programs and school districts during required field experiences designed to meet state degree and endorsement standards.
Admission to Western Washington University and the Woodring College of Education's Early Childhood Education program are both required before a student may begin taking courses in this program, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Completion of all WWU General University Requirements (GURs). Due to the nature of the cohort schedule, it is extremely difficult to complete outstanding GURs and/or program prerequisites while in the program.
- Minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA, or minimum GPA of 2.75 for last 45 graded college credits. Does not include S/U graded credits or repeated courses. Doe include failing grades. GPA is calculates using the WWU grade point system.
- Undergraduates must have completed a minimum of 45 graded college credits. AP (minimum score of 3) and IB (minimum score of 4) credits count toward the 45 credits. AP or IB science scores are not accepted.
- English composition course (ENG 101, COMM 101, JOUR 106) with minimum grade of B-. For other courses, check with Teacher Education Admissions.
- Basic Skills Requirement. Students seeking a non-certification degree do not need to meet the Basic Skills Requirement.
- Successful completion (minimum grade of C) of Program Prerequisites:
- Intermediate college-level algebra course within the past five years (e.g. MATH 111/112 at WWU, or MATH 099 at Whatcom Community College or Skagit Valley College, or equivalent) or ALEKS Math Placement Exam score of 45+
- SCED 201 or Community College equivalent (e.g. PHYS 111 at SVC or PHYSC 104 at WCC)
How To Submit an Application - Bellingham
Applications are due March 1 for fall quarter admission.
- Open and complete the ECE Program Application.
- Attach the Description of Experiences with Children and/or Youth form(s) to your application. Please submit one form for each unique experience.
- Attach the writing prompt response to your application. Instructions for the writing prompt are listed in the application.
- Submit your application via the Submit button at the bottom of the application.
Contact ECE Program Coordinator, Megan Brown.