Locations & Contacts
Two Olympic College Pathways to the WWU Early Childhood Education program are:
- If you have, or are working towards, an Olympic College AAS-T in ECE, complete the remaining Olympic College requirements for the DTA.
- If you have, or a working towards, an Olympic College DTA, see the Olympic College Early Childhood Education Director, Gayle Julian, for advising (SBC103, 360.475.7289).
Application Requirements - Bremerton
Admission to Western Washington University and the Woodring College of Education's Early Childhood Education program are both required before a student may begin taking courses in this program, unless prior arrangements have been made. Requirements include:
- Completion of a transferable Associate of Arts Degree (DTA) or an AAS-T in ECE degree (plus approximately 20 more general education credits to satisfy DTA requirements) from a Washington State community college will satisfy all WWU's General University Requirements.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher overall or for the last 45 quarter credits or 30 semester credits.
- Meeting the West-B basic skills requirement. P-3 option only. Students seeking a non-certification degree do not need to meet this requirement.
This may be met by:
- passing the West-B exam,
- SAT minimum scores,
- ACT minimum scores.
Retention also requires maintenance of a 2.75 quarterly GPA for each quarter. The State of Washington requires students to earn a "C" or better in all endorsement courses and WWU extends this requirement to all professional education courses.
How To Submit an Application - Bremerton
- Priority application due date: March 1, but applications accepted through June, for fall quarter admission. The program only admits once per year, in the fall.
- Complete the ECE Bremerton application. Instructions for submitting completed applications can be found on the application.
Contact ECE Program Coordinator, Lilla Bodo.