We are excited that you are about to embark upon the final portion of your Teacher Preparation Program. You have worked long and hard and now you will have the opportunity to more fully put into practice all that you have learned. The student teaching internship is a required capstone project for the program and is a state requirement (Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 181-78A-264). The below information is intended to guide you through the internship application and the internship placement processes.
The Placement Process
- Apply to student teach by the due date above.
- OFE personnel will coordinate a student teaching placement during the term prior to the internship start term. This is a complex process that may take the entire term to complete.
- Schedule an interview with school personnel after you are notified via WWU email that your tentative placement has been arranged.
- Inform OFE when the interview is scheduled.
- Once the interview is completed, inform OFE about the interview status.
- Once both parties agree on a placement, the OFE Director and school administrator must confirm and agree to the placement.
- Carefully read the confirmation email with next steps that you and your Cooperating Teacher (CT) will receive.
- Instructions are available on this website or you can access the same information through this link: Internship Application Canvas Course.